Some things I really appreciate. And finishing the machine quilting on a piece is one of them! This weekend I finished Rooflines #15 which has been accepted into Artprize 2014.
It is always with a bit of trepidation that I commit an unfinished piece to an exhibit but the last three years I have done it. And each year there has been a moment of panic when there is a glitch. Not a devastating glitch- but a glitch. I pinned this up on the wall when I finished it before applying the binding to admire my work. And with a huge gasp, I realized I had a pretty significant skew and one of the main lines of the quilt was very “off to the left” . I felt like I needed to tilt my head to look at the piece.
I just needed to be brave and lose a few inches in order for it to look right.
All done and what a good feeling. I did a lot of procrastinating while quilting this because I had so many thread changes.
I also wrapped up fabric dyeing and over dyeing about 130 yards. And of those about 30 were overdyes as I started off very impatient and just didn’t tend to them like I should have. I finished ironing last night and making some black and white sketches so today I will cut into theses pretties. I am ready to start something new.