Just wanted to shout out about the wonderful Elizabeth Brandt who had a piece at .Fiber Art International 2013. Congrats Elizabeth for making it in to this prestigious event. I can’t wait to hear about the opening.
This will also be a catch up post as I keep meaning to tell you about these things:
1. I am about 75 percent done on my large piece that I am free motion quilting. It is getting easier although I still bribe myself to work on it. I guess that’s why they call it work.
2. I took an online class at the beginning of the year called “Setting Goals” given by Lisa Call. It was a great class and I haven’t taken the time to blog about it. One of my goals was to blog more consistently and I am finding , that if I don’t meet the mark on a goal , I just feel more and more guilty so I do nothing about it. Oops-time to correct that. Upcoming post on that class this week.
3. Because of that class, I have had my head down working on a piece for the upcoming Artprize exhibition in September. It is where it needs to be to apply , but not yet quilted. Again, I’ll share once I get my artist profile up.
4. The house in Vermont has not sold so at this point, we will go there this summer with the kids. I will wait and do the majority of the fabric dyeing there.
5. Historic flooding here in Grand Rapids. I am going to try to take pictures tomorrow when it peaks.
6. 3 kids graduating in May: 8th grade, high school and college.
I hate the phrase “I am so busy”. Everybody is busy. So, I am saying instead that I am using my time wisely and keeping my head down.. 🙂