I did end up finishing all five of the baby quilts last week- technically, 4 quilts and one double recieving blanket. They looked pretty by the window as the sun peeked out late this afternoon. They will be delivered next week at our guild meeting. I can’t believe I was done a week ahead of time. Not because I was organized but because I put the meeting date on the calendar wrong.:) Oh silly me.
I did start another top today. However, it just didn’t end up the way I wanted it to be.
So, I think I will piece it together and use it as a base for something different or just cut it up! I have wanted to try two things. One to quilt something heavily on the machine and then go back and hand sew heavy thread -almost embroidery weight onto the finished piece. Or -if I am really brave- to machine quilt it and then paint it. Either way, I would only lose a day of sewing if I don’t like it. I know – just want to keep trying things. Sooner or later something will work for me. It’s just Monday.